Happy birthday to the queen,
Longest rein we've ever seen.
That's the story, ha!
Even longer than Victoria.
(poem dedicated to Robert for doing Italian on duolingo)
Good old Lizzy has done 65 1/3 years so far.
* * *
I went to the Nuova Lazio jazz jam yesterday. The audience got up to four when Shelley walked in.
I played guitar because we had no rhythm section - just two tenor saxes, a blues guitarist and me armed with guitar and fiddle. The blues guitarist couldn't read the charts so he just played pentatonic scales over everything. It was an interesting challenge to try to make the music work. Good for my guitar playing, I guess.
My son altered the above picture
- to get the blues guitar player the right way around and
- he added a capo so that it looks like he's playing chords behind me.
They'd be very trebly chords.
* * *
So Robert and I are now following each other on duolingo.
I thought it would be fun to have a little challenge. Here's what we have to do.
Write a sentence or two for the other boy to respond to.
- Keep it simple. The object is not to catch the other boy out but to communicate.
- Don't use Google Translate but a dictionary (book form) is okay.
- The object is to help each other and mistakes are fine.
So here goes.
E` buon che tu fai practica l'italiano. Buona fortuna. Noi andiamo insieme.
Robert can either reply in a comment here or on his blog.