lunedì 12 giugno 2017

Some things make no sense.

The place where I work banned dogs today. It sort of came out of the blue. I didn't know that we had a dog problem. I've seen the occasional dog around our school, once in a blue moon (and I really do mean 'once in a blue moon'). I've seen no sign of dog shit and there have been no known incidents involving dogs. I know the caretaker has a dog that is locked up in his office for most of the day. Don't jump to conclusions that he treats it badly - he is the most caring dog owner you'd see anywhere. One teacher used to have a dog that slept in his car for most of the day - he's a fitness guy and would take the dog for huge adventures after school, hence the dog needing to sleep. One of our guidance counselors brings her dog in about once a week at most.
I didn't know that we had a dog problem and I spend pretty long days at school; and I walk around quite a lot.
The reasons put forward for the ban were:
1) Health and Safety - caused by dog shit
2) The risk of attacks
3) Work time lost.
None of these three things seems to be a known problem. To be honest, you'd have to find a dog first; I mean you'd have to look really hard for a dog before you got upset.

It seems that someone must have simply thought, "We don't want dogs around here." The question is, what prompted that thought?


19 days to go.

5 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Maybe he's a dyslexic atheist.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Yeah, he's got it in for Dog Ruo Drol.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I thought that Robert would have commented about dogs' rights.

Geremy ha detto...

I was thinking how dogs have a pacifying effect on hyper active kids and can be friends for lonely handicapped kids. He should be encouraging man's best friend.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Agreed.