domenica 4 giugno 2017

Those damn atheists are robbing our dairies!

Typical damn atheist.

A comment was left on The Curmudgeon's seldom read blog in response to a well written post about people robbing dairies in Auckland (and other places).



Okay, the comment was probably written after a beer or two and I can symathise with that since I've been known to write one or two comments after a chardonnay (or, very rarely, two). So what I am about to write is by no means an attack on the comment's author. I thought I'd just answer the questions the comment asks. Feel free to leave a comment here if you have different thoughts.

The comment reads:
A society that rejects morals? Which I hate to repeat are of Christian origin.
How many of these robbers are atheists?
As an expert in atheism you have never addressed this.
Why should an atheist care about robbing a dairy?
What code governs an atheist?
What single thing does an atheist believe that has work to the betterment of those we love.


So here goes:
1) A society that rejects morals? Which I hate to repeat are of Christian origin.
From what I know, religious people before the Christians pushed similar ideas. If you look for Christian morals you can't really go past the 10 commandments, three of which are about 'obeying' the author and are not really morals at all. Generally Atheists don't go around murdering each other because they understand the principle that being less extreme in your dealings with others makes life better for everyone, including yourself. Atheists don't do things to win favour from a god figure, they are able to see others in the same boat as themselves and feel empathy. Atheists also feel love, anger, sadness and happiness. These emotions are not owned by religious people. Atheists (except for the ones who are naughty and rob dairies) follow a strong moral code based on what is best for the common good so that everyone can live the best possible lives.

2) How many of these robbers are atheists?
I don't know but I would guess that there are at least as many Christians. You'd really have to do a survey in a prison. I have know quite a few Christians who were complete arseholes so I don't think they can all be completely rulled out from the group of people who rob dairies. I'm sure that some  atheists rob dairies too.

3) As an expert in atheism you have never addressed this.
This statement was really meant for The Curmudgeon but he was off at the rugby in Whangerei last night and is probably still in bed, so I'll answer for him (I qualify because I am an atheist).
I don't see myself as an expert Atheist, though I do study things and listen to those wiser than me. I also try to keep an open mind. I think, with this statement, you are talking about the numbers of dairy robbers who are atheists. I tried to address this in question 2.

4) Why should an atheist care about robbing a dairy?
Empathy. Honesty. Unselfishness. I have never robbed a dairy.

5) What code governs an atheist?
Empathy. Honesty. A love for our fellow human beings and other animals. Looking for honest answers.

6) What single thing does an atheist believe that has work to the betterment of those we love.
Empathy. Kindness. Sharing. Not believing silly shit that can lead to bad decisions.




11 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Yes I agree (with Richard!).
Also, it is highly likely that the robbers are 'christians' from christian families.

Geremy ha detto...

So you conclude that most probably all people who rob dairies are baptized, attend church and worship Christ!

Anyway Richard asked us to comment so here are my replies to his replies to my comment.
1. Before Christians, Plato and Aristotle pushed for infants born with intellectual or physical deformities to be removed from society.
The 10 commandments were given to the Jewish faith long before Christ who was sent from the Father to do away with silly laws and regulations.
Now RBB goes into lala land saying atheists don't hurt people too much because it makes life better. I remind RBB of Hitler, Stalin, and yes modern USA.
He then says atheists have emotions of love, empathy, sadness and anger. We all do.
The one that blows me away is "Atheists follow a strong moral code based on what is best for the common good so that everyone can live the best possible lives".
Here I hear Richard Dawkins. A comment taken out of the air with no foundation in reality!
2. I'd love to see the research for this finding.
3. Expert atheist? Atheists live in an intellectual fog. They have no answers or solutions except to say "Don't believe it"!
4. I love this answer..."Empathy. Honesty. Unselfishness. I have never robbed a dairy".
Richard you are a baptized Roman Catholic who attended Catholic schools from primer one to form 6! You are not typical of atheists! Like it or not you are immersed in the Christian idea of Love.
5. When has atheism ever looked for honest answers?
6."Empathy. Kindness. Sharing. Not believing silly shit that can lead to bad decisions".
Empathy is a psychological condition that lets us put ourselves in another persons situation. It is not a belief. Psychopaths lack empathy!
Hitler was not kind!
Stalin didn't share anything except his bullets!
Atheists have made the worst decision of all... eternity without God!

Though I could be wrong.


THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

https://youtu.be/4xEEkruL75U

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

OK, I agree, that was rude.

Try this instead:

https://youtu.be/H0RMu6d3QDw

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Stop it you two. I think Robert won that encounter.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Just some thoughts on Robert's reply:
Modern USA is full of fundamentalist christians.
Empathy is a very important moral value.
"Like it or not you are immersed in the Christian idea of Love."
A couple of respected clergy putting their hands up my pants when I was less than 12 is what I remember, even now, about the christian idea of love.
God, in the old testament, was not kind - he condoned slavery.
The early christians stoned people for all sorts of offences.
The Spanish Inquisition had a way of getting things done rather quickly.
Why did god need to fix things by sacrificing his son? He only needed to click his fingers.
Adam and Eve were the first humans but they only had sons - a bit of a dead end.
eternity without your cunt of a god doesn't sound too bad to me.
At least, if I don't go to your heaven, I won't be neighbours with Brother Benedict and Brother Leon.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Only because you were too lazy to read his treatise and thought it safer to let him win just in case what he wrote down made any sense.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Oh, OK you did read it.
But it doesn't mean that you understood it.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

As for me, I was too lazy to read it.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Ha, I just read your comment Richard. At least two chardonnays in I reckon.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Never mind The Curmudgeon you can always delete things in the morning.