I found a recipe that was supposed to be simple, but it was very hard to follow. There was a video attached, so I watched it about 20 times and rewrote the instructions. I used chicken mince instead of beef mince because we have a couple of vegetarians coming to Christmas lunch who seem to think that chicken is a plant.
I think this is where they go wrong. This is called a 'chicken plant'.
|And this is a plant.|
I used canned tomatoes from Sicilia to make my sauce. They are 0.99c a can at the Mediterranean Warehouse in Newtown. I used 3 cans.
The lasagna tasted bloody good.
Here are my rewritten instructions for an easy to make lasagna. Once you've had a bit of practice you could make modifications to suit.
How to Make It
1. Fry mince, add sauce (stir & heat)
2. Lightly butter dish
3. Add 1/3 mince/sauce mix
4. Layer of pasta
5. Dobs of ricotta, lay on mozzarella (1/2 of each cheese) & add 1/3 mince/sauce mix
6. Layer of pasta
7. Dobs of ricotta (last ½), & add 1/3 mince/sauce mix, then lay on mozzarella (last ½)
8. Hot water around edges
9. Cover with 2 layers of foil – cook 200 degrees for 45 min
10. Uncover and cook for 10 min
11. Stand for 10 min
There are question marks by the cheese amounts because they seem a bit excessive - you can use less. Also you could change the type of cheese.