giovedì 9 novembre 2023

Here's something I really don't care about.

 Peter has two Ornette Coleman CDs which he thinks are 'not too bad'.

Peter. I don't think he 
injured that lip playing
the saxophone.

Ornette.

Peter mentioned his 'collection' of Coleman's CDs in a comment on a post Robert had written (and not proofread) about improvisation.
I was left wondering, "Why did he feel the need to say that?"

Will this revelation about Peter's two CDs...
  • make my day easier?
  • inspire me to buy a saxophone?
  • make me not notice Robert's interesting spelling?
  • make me move permanently to Scotland?
  • make me play Irish music for two hours every day?
  • make me change my thoughts on how to improvise a jazz solo?

WHY DID HE FEEL THE NEED TO SAY THAT?

I personally do not have any Coleman Hawkins CDs. Was he trying to make me jealous? Well, I have a thing called Spotify and I'm sure that I could listen to a lot of Coleman on that app, if I wanted to.
Maybe he just wanted Robert to know about his wide musical tastes?
Maybe he lied about the two CDs?
Maybe he didn't want us to think that his CD collection was full of ABBA , or Scottish music?

I think I'll have to leave this one for my readers to think about.

Or to forget.

13 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

No, the comment was relevant because I do have a couple of Ornette Coleman CDs and the music is OK.

I heard about Ornette Coleman from reading the Harry Bosch seres of books by Michael Connelly. The Bosch character is a jazz enthusiast and throughout the books mentions music that he's listening to.

If I were you I'd leave the sarcasm to Donald Trump. It's not that he's any good at it but ...

Anonimo ha detto...

Sarcasm? I was telling the truth.
Let's make Whangarei great again!

Oh right. It never was.

R (of RBB)

Anonimo ha detto...

I enjoyed this post! There is always good reading on this blog.
Thanks Richard (of RBB).

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

I have to agree with you Phillip. Always a very good read here. You can always rely on 'the bag'. Sounds like TC has his knickers in a twist. 😂🤣

Bin Hire

Anonimo ha detto...

Ha ha!

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

👍😂😂😂😂

Bin Hire

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

'The Bag' the blog formerly known as Richard's Bass Bag.

Prince and Twitter made the same mistake.

Anonimo ha detto...

How's the lip?

Richard (of the bag)

Anonimo ha detto...

Oops, I said that twice. Oh well, it adds to the comments.

Richard (of 3G - 1966)

Anonimo ha detto...

Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, how does your garden grow?

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

With silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row.

Bin Hire

Twisted Scottish Bastard ha detto...

CDs?

Why CDs
Isn't everything available online now?

Anyway, Scottish music, especially of the bagpipe variety is very uplifitng

Anonimo ha detto...

In a pentatonic sort of way.

Richard (with the grandma born in Scotland)