domenica 19 luglio 2026

The taste of success.

 Okay, I might not be going to Heaven, to spend eternity with Robert and Mr. Linford, but I have just received an award.


I suspect that it might be from McDonald Trump himself because it has American spelling on it. I can see that The Curmudgeon is mentioned on the certificate, AND The Music Curmudgeon! 

"HAS COMPLETED MUSIC PRACTICE WITH FLYING COLORS!" I think that 'FLYING COLORS' is referring to my study of m7b5, 7b9 and m6 chords. These are indeed colourful (sorry, English spelling) chords! 

It is fitting that today is day 200 of 2026 and, before doing today's practice, I am sitting on 202 hours of practice! That has got to be better than regularly going to mass and saying the rosary!

Robert at confession this week. "Bless me Father, for I have sinned. Both my cello and violin practice have been very erratic. I'm too embarrassed to tell you how much concentrated practice I have done. Needless to say, not much. Should I offer my place in Heaven to my brother Richard?"

* * *

Well, what more can I say? I'm going to be celebrating today. Pies for lunch, I think. I'm also wearing my favourite (sorry, English spelling again) slippers. 

Ciao tutti e fai la tua pratica!


5 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

It’s all go in the ‘Nui.

Maybe I should make an attendance certificate for Robert for his Mass and Confession going?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Yes, that's a good idea.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Anyone who can punish you forever for not going to mass on a Sunday is not showing you any love at all. Especially when they claim to have made you. The Catholic god is much worse than Satan could ever be.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

You'll get no argument from me there.

I'm feeling better today - back to abnormal.
A 7k walk in the sunshine was good. We are discovering all the interesting Thorndon pathways that border and go under the motorway.
I've given up on the fancy schmancy Salomon hiking shoes and am wearing the trusty Sketchers shoes. I could have saved a couple of hundred dollars! Hey ho.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Great to hear you're feeling better!
Shelley still has a way to go.