lunedì 10 ottobre 2022

Shipwrecks at Nuova Lazio.

 When I look out our window, I have a direct view of Cook Strait. I guess that's one of the best things about living in Nuova Lazio. Unfortunately, there is a downside in that we see lots of shipwrecks.

Last Wednesday.

On the weekend a fishing boat got into trouble - it was very close to our house. Neighbours rang Sea Rescue.



Then, this morning, a ship was washed up on our front lawn!

Note to self - there are too many stones on our front lawn.

Shipwrecks are becoming quite a problem for us.

* * *

Okay, moving right along. 

I have a practice with Wade this afternoon. We will run through the tunes from my Double Bass Melodies.


I still haven't found a venue for the gig and time is running out.

Anyway, it'll be good to run over the tunes with guitar.

* * *

I'll play tennis later this morning. There's one guy there who really pisses me off. Oops, TC plays tennis, not me. I got a bit confused there.

Actually, I did have someone give me a real ear bashing yesterday. Some people just don't seem to think, "Am I boring him stupid?"

Well, this guy certainly was.

* * *

I've discovered that, when people have grandchildren, more often than not those kids are super gifted. 

"Mum! Where's my physics book?"

There's a little two year old girl I know (and who I am very fond of) who eats like a dog. At first this might sound strange, but she lives with a little dog and probably figures that she can learn from how her constant companion behaves. Smart girl. I think that little ones learn from what is around them and what they feel they need to be able to do to make life more comfortable. What is the point of walking if you can crawl very well? How many words do you need to know to get what you want? I guess pointing is a good skill to develop. 

* * *

Well, that's my thoughts for today. I'd better go and see if any more boats are washed up on my front lawn.


Ciao tutti.

6 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I pick up on the association of shipwrecks and your inability to find a gig.
Clever.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

This post is building in popularity. Two comments already!

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

It's time to launch the lifeboats.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

https://youtu.be/bDO5KwDBgy8

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

"So sorry it's over, so sorry it's over
There's so much more that I wanted and (so sorry it's over)
There's so much more that I needed and
Time keeps moving on and on and on (so sorry it's over)
Soon we'll all be gone
Let's take some time to talk this over
You're out of line and rarely sober
We can't depend on your excuses
'Cause in the end, it's fucking useless
You can only lean on me for so long
Bring the ship about to watch a friend drown
Sit out on the ledge, begged you to come down
You can only lean on me for so long
I remember shots without a chaser
Absent-minded thoughts, now you're a stranger
Cover up the scars, put on your game face
Left you in the bar to try and save face
You can only lean on me for so long
Bring the ship about to watch a friend drown
Sit out on the ledge, begged you to come down
You can only lean on me for so long
So sorry it's over, so sorry it's over
There's so much more that I wanted and (so sorry it's over)
There's so much more that I needed and
Time keeps moving on and on and on (so sorry it's over)
Soon we'll all be gone
Man on a mission, can't say I miss him around
Insider information, hand in your resignation
Loss of a good friend, best of intentions I found
Tight lipped procrastination, yeah, later, see you around"

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Mark Hoppus / Tom Delonge

Good stuff from Deborah Conway (Do Ri Mi) back in 1985. It's like Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders).

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I've had quite a day today dealing with imbeciles. Let's just say that I've dealt with a lot of shit.
La mamma degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.
È vero.