mercoledì 20 marzo 2024

Lent

 I leant on my car today while eating a sandwich. Sometimes I lean on my bass a bit too.

Leant should not be confused with lent (I lent him money).

"Lent is the Christian season of spiritual preparation before Easter. It begins on Ash Wednesday and lasts for 40 days, based on the Bible episodes of Jesus' wilderness testing and his resurrection. Christians observe Lent by fasting, repenting, reading the Bible, and celebrating Shove Tuesday. It can also be used if you have lent someone something. Normally, in this situation, you want it back at some point."

I Lent him some Australian money. 

Shove Tuesday is a popular day in the Catholic church's calendar. Evidently, on that day, you give somebody a shove. Catholics sometimes spell the word with an 'r'. I don't know why. I do know that some Catholics are very bad at spelling.

Shove Tuesday (also known as Pancake Tuesday or Pancake Day) is the final day of Shovetide.



In his latest post, The Curmudgeon asked for a pat on the back.


I offered him a tap on the head, but I didn't realise that he was talking about Shovetide. TC is a man who knows his bible. I see now that I was wrong and should have offered him a good shove. Sorry TC.

That's it from me today because there is double bass practice to do.

"I'll get a haircut once
this practice is done."


Ciao tutti.

10 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Do you shove people around who you've lent money to?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I expect that Robert might have to put you right on a couple of things in this post.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Are pancakes related to hosts?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Maybe pancakes are used to make up with the people you've been shoving around.

Anonimo ha detto...

You missed my two proofreading 'mishaps'. I was able to fix them before you saw them. 😃

Richard (Proofreading Done!)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I saw them but I don't make as much fuss over them like you do, you linguistic loony.

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

Do you shove tuesday with palm Sunday?

Anonimo ha detto...

Palm Sunday? That doesn't sound good. What are those clergy doing with their palms?

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Robert’s joke was quite funny.

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

Thank you.