sabato 17 febbraio 2024

Great News!

 The Curmudgeon has new gumboots!

Something like this.

It seems that they're good, except that he can't get them off.

Will he wear them to bed?

Well, he might have to.

Unless he learns how to take them off. 

He'll need to get them off on Tuesdays, because that's tennis day.
I mean, you can't play tennis in gumboots.
Mike will thrash him if he tries to play in gumboots.

* * *

What's on my mind?

Why would you thank god for his help in a war?

Is god really bald?

War. You don't know if these guys are bald
because they have helmets on.

I've played The Last Post at our local ANZAC Day ceremonies for about ten years.*

What really started to annoy me is that, during the main ceremony, they spend quite a lot of time thanking and praising the Christian god. Last year I handed the role (for this year) over to a friend, who is a Christian, but he wants to get paid.

WHAT!

He's a Christian and he wants to get paid? No one gets paid for being involved in a ceremony like this. Does he really want to get paid for thanking his god? I got in touch with one of the organisers and said that I'd do it if there was a problem (with the guy who wanted pay). He never got back to me. However, he did say that he doubted that the guy would get paid. Since I didn't get the courtesy of an answer, I guess it's not my problem anymore.

Why would some artist depict god as being bald? If god is perfect, you wouldn't really expect him to put on weight, or go grey or bald. Was the artist havin' a bit of a laugh?

When Peter bought his (expensive) new boots, did they throw in a free pair of long black socks?

Maybe Peter already had
the socks?

Don't be fooled - without the socks the boots wouldn't look so 'cool'. Actually, the main part of the 'look' is the socks and it could have probably been achieved with boots from The Warehouse, worn with long black socks. 

Where everyone gets a bargain,
and a long pair of black socks.

Well, I'll leave it there for this morning. Please feel free to leave a comment and don't forget to check out those gumboots at The Warehouse.





* I don't wear gumboots when playing The Last Post.

4 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

A bit of a boot obsession there.*





* Well, you do live in Wellington.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Maybe you can play this tune on your trumpet while wearing gumboots.

https://youtu.be/TMO4JxBDaQs?si=1URlWl8H0u_GODwc

Anonimo ha detto...

Cazzo

Anonimo ha detto...

Che stronzata.