giovedì 17 novembre 2022

Nothing to whine about.

 In most Lower Hutt Countdown stores they have a wine that has proven very popular with the good folk of Nuova Lazio.

I hear it's also a first choice way up north.

I like to pop into different Lower Hutt stores to check on supplies of 'the magic elixir'. Imagine my shock, in one store, when I found a section of the Chardonnay shelf empty! I quickly moved on to the closest store. Nothing! My last chance was the Nuova Lazio store. I couldn't believe my eyes.


Not one single Cleanskin!


My first option of consideration was a wine free night. Then I spotted a bottle that Peter (aka The Curmudgeon) had written about.

I pondered for a while but,
hey, maybe it was worth a try?

What if it didn't work out?
Then I remembered a trick I had invented many, many years ago.

Lemonade

The evening was saved!

Shelley wanted to drink her wine 'straight' but I warned her against it. I thought of Peter as I took a sip - I was sure that he would be impressed at my problem solving. It made me feel like a wine connoisseur.
I smiled and thought of The Wine Guy. Maybe I should start a wine blog?

The Wine Guy says,
"Welcome to the fold Richard (of RBB)!"



4 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Yes, I think you should start up a wine blog.
What could go wrong?*









*Apart from civil lawsuits from people who are poisoned from taking your advice.

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

I read the post.

THE WINE GUY ha detto...

"I read the post."

Whoopdy-do.

Keep us informed with other important alerts like:

I drove to work.
I coughed up some phlegm.
I had a piss.
I scratched my arse.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Change your name to The Whine Guy and please do it quickly.