lunedì 17 aprile 2023

A post in English.

 Although the two other bloggers around here obviously struggle with English, one of them gets upset when I write in Italian. Let's not mention any names.


Let me just say that he is the oldest blogger on the circuit, and he really struggles with proofreading. In his last effort he got the words 'straight' and 'strait' confused. Though, to his credit, it was probably the funniest bit in his post. 

It is exactly one month until my two library concerts. On the 17th of May I play in the Johnsonville Library and on the 20th I play in the Tawa library. 

"BIG and little."

Each concert is only 30 minutes long. I intend to play three pieces on the double bass and three pieces on the violin. I've already put in a lot of preparation for these two short events. I put a practice version of "Gypsy Feet" up on this blog and on Facebook. I only had it up on Facebook for one day, but it wasn't really well received on either site. The arrangement is supposed to sound a bit like a band - there is some walking bass and some drums sounds.

One blog reader said, "I watched it with the sound off. It looked like you were having some sort of seizure. I was worried so I switched it off."

A musician ex-friend also made a disparaging remark on Facebook. Someone said that they had tapped their foot as they listened. He said that he had tapped his foot wearing crocs. It's not too hard to work out that he wasn't being complimentary.

Okay, the recording wasn't perfect, I know that. Today I have to get things back on track. It is not easy music that I'm playing and playing solo is certainly not the easiest gig. It could go either way in the Johnsonville library because there will probably be a lot of young people there. 
It's important to remember that you can't please everybody and that critics are not necessarily right in their appraisals. Time will tell.


3 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

'Critics are not necessarily right in their appraisals.'

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.