lunedì 14 ottobre 2024

It's raining cats and dogs in Wainui.

 I know because I just got hit by a bone.


Ha, ha!

I thought I'd do a quick post because there is nothing much happening around the blogs - Peter hasn't posted for ages and Robert is putting up old posts. Peter is talking about an orange tree and Robert is going on about the ten commandments. Nothing changes.

I spent most of Saturday with my best friend, Harrison Robert Prowse. He is doing quite a lot of singing and is demonstrating very good pitching. 

I bought two tickets to the Rodger Fox Big Band concert next Friday. Rodger died a little while back and I missed his funeral because I had Covid. So, this will be like my farewell to him. The ticket people don't make life simple. I paid for the tickets online, but you evidently have to do something complicated with your phone to get in - you can't just print off the tickets or screen print them. Why can't they just give me a fucking tickets, like in the old days? It'll be weird if they don't let us in.

I'm going to do some violin practice before my very expensive trip to the dentist. I'm practising using a Lydian mode to play over a minor 7th. chord. The idea is to get away from root notes and find more interesting note choices. The relevant Lydian mode is a minor third up from the Am7 root note. I'll practise that today, as I said before. Sorry to repeat myself.

Here's a picture you may like...


Well, I'll leave it there for today. The dentist is at midday. Yay!

Hey, it's still pissing down here!

13 commenti:

Rob ha detto...

Those unbelievers sure have a mighty inferiority complex! I agree that buying tickets is hard for us oldees.

Anonimo ha detto...

More circular logic Catholic boy.

TC

Anonimo ha detto...

Nice to see you both commenting.

RBB

Anonimo ha detto...

Were pleased to see another pots.

TC

Anonimo ha detto...

Proofreading is important.

RBB

Anonimo ha detto...

The old school teacher is bach in action.

TC

Anonimo ha detto...

back

Anonimo ha detto...

Gosh, what a successful pots!

RBB

Anonimo ha detto...

post

Just kidding.

RBB

Anonimo ha detto...

We had the same ticketing problem with our opera tickets.
I was about to tell them to stick them up their arses but Lynn suggested I forward the email to her and she successfully downloaded to her phone and used that when we attended.
Women huh!

Anonimo ha detto...

I like that cartoon.
I don’t like Robert’s response.

TC

Anonimo ha detto...

Twelve noony doesn’t work as well as tooth hurtee.

Anonimo ha detto...

I've just worked out how to do the tickets.

RBB