mercoledì 26 agosto 2026

A late night post.

Well, as I start writing, it's only 8.38pm. Hey, but that's late for the old bloggers around here!

So, what's new?

Peter has been told that he doesn't look good in hats.

Well, apart from this one,
I disagree.

Peter looks fine in hats. As far as I can tell, everyone looks fine in hats.




Robert's latest post was 'interesting'.



Along with this picture he wrote,
"Let's renounce socialism and embrace capitalism."
Is he serious?

God only knows! Which god am I talking about? Again, God only knows!

Ah well, all of us bloggers around here are getting old and maybe we'll find out in the not too distant future.

Will it be a time of 'I told you so!' or a time of nothingness? Will we come face to face with Indian gods or Zeus? Will Catholics be bitterly disappointed when they see Mr. Linford wearing a turban?

The new look Mr. Linford?


I guess we'll all find out eventually. Hopefully not too soon.


My latest practice total for the year stands at 249 1/2 hours. I practised the guitar for an hour today and the violin for half an hour - hey it was a busy day with teaching and grandson minding. I'll get some double bass practice done tomorrow. 

That's it from me for this evening.

Spero di pubblicare di nuovo presto.

Ciao.


11 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Thank Robert’s god for Christmas, that’s all I’m saying.

Rob ha detto...

Yes that picture was tongue in cheek. I was kind of thinking about Socialiam/Communism after listening to Trent Horn. Capitalism has evils too. So what's the answer?

Rob ha detto...

https://youtube.com/shorts/MyN9eBpkczU?si=pkXVTHC5NKjYxsj2

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Socialism does not equate with communism.
Socialism is the odd one out of the three as communism and capitalism both have inherent evils.
If Jesus was alive today it’s more likely that he’d be a socialist.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

https://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2021/06/he-aint-heavy.html

Check out the post in the above link Robert.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Shit.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Hey! While you are here Robert you might want to read this as well:

https://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2022/03/under-read-misinformed-closed-minded.html

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Yes, shit almighty!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

250 hours done, but I'm about to do some violin practice.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I stopped at 250 1/2 hours because it was getting late (nearly 8pm) and I was tired.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

You’re getting old alright.


That said, last evening Lynn and I went to dinner at Kisa in Cuba Street.
We booked for 5.30 but arrived early at 5.15.
We had our dinner (delicious) and we’re on our way home at 6.15!