domenica 9 agosto 2026

Just a quick new post to keep things moving along.

 Well, as you know, Rob's blog is all shut up and Peter is in Aussie. That just leaves me here.



I did three hours of guitar practice yesterday. I've already done 1/2 an hour this morning and will add to that. I'll also do some violin practice.


I'm off to the 'old time' and 'bluegrass' jam this afternoon and I'm taking both violin and guitar. I need to give them both a chance to play. It's important to get out and have a play.

Well, I'd better get that violin out and give it a good warm up.

Sorry, but it's just a short little post this morning.

Ciao.

54 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

I The The like The The the look of The The that guitar.

The The The Guy

Anonimo ha detto...

No wrong notes please. Though, in music, there really are no wrong notes.

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

Good on you for keeping this little blogging community alive.

Bin Hire

Anonimo ha detto...

It's nice to see that you haven't forgotten me. Actually, I must tell you that Heaven is overrated. Garden Road was better. I see your younger brother has worked out who he will leave his cello to - yes, I do keep an eye on posts and comments around the blogs. He'd be better off doing more practice than rushing to get up here!

Mr. Linford

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Back from the jam.
Faaaaaaaaaa....!*
Lowest common denominator.

* aaaaaaaaaa=u ck

Anonimo ha detto...

Oh, shit! I feel sorry for you.

Bin Hire

Anonimo ha detto...

Ah, The The what a The The pain!

The The The Guy

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Thanks for your support guys.
Much appreciated.

Anonimo ha detto...

Hey, there are a lot of us who follow your blog. Keep up the good work!

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

Yep, The The we're The The with you all The The the way!

The The The Guy

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I thought my medical condition was the worst pain in the arse until I went to yesterday's old time music jam. It should have been called 'Music for Beginners'. Hey, if you want to get into improvised music, at least learn to play a simple 12 bar blues chord progression. Also, check out a few keys, and their I, IV, V7 and VI chords (VI might be dominant 7 or minor). At a jam you should be ready to 'bluff' your way through some tunes you don't really know. Come prepared, with a few skills. Knowing a few scales would help.

Anonimo ha detto...

Good advice there. It is supposed to be a jam, and not a beginner music lesson.

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

Have you heard from the other two bloggers?

Bin Hire

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

No.
I don't have a link to Rob's blog anymore. I assume it's all closed up for good. There was a comment with his name on it, but that'll most likely be a scam, so I deleted it.
Peter is out hiking in the Aussie outback somewhere.
I got an anonymous comment today, but deleted that too, just to be on the safe side.

Anonimo ha detto...

Good The The on you. The The it pays The The to be The The safe.

The The The Guy

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Yes. It's great to have you reliable old friends around. Thanks guys.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

230 hours of practice done so far this year!

Anonimo ha detto...

What a great effort!

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

You The The the man The The!
The The The Guy

Anonimo ha detto...

Well done! That's quite an achievement.

Bin Hire

Anonimo ha detto...

It may not get you a flat next to Mr. Linford in Heaven, but well done!

Angry Jesus

THE WINE GUY ha detto...

Still hearing the voices mmm?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

"Cleanskin, Cleanskin."

Anonimo ha detto...

Walk with me, Wine Guy.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Who wrote that?

Anonimo ha detto...

Not The The me!

The The The Guy

Anonimo ha detto...

Certainly not my style.

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

T'was not I!

Bin Hire

Anonimo ha detto...

Absolutely no bloody way was it me!

Angry Jesus

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

A mystery.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

You should call: 0800IMFUCKINGNUTS
They might be able to help you.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Flattery will get you nowhere!

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

We are in Adelaide having ended our train journey this morning. It was excellent and I thoroughly recommend it,
Robert will no doubt be pissed off that our compartment didn’t flood with sewage from the neighbouring compartment. I thought that Catholics were supposed to be cheerful and optimistic. He must be eating the wrong communion hosts.

Rob ha detto...

What gave you that idea. Go to a protestant meeting if you want false insipid cheerfulness. They have those wrong communion hosts too. Ah hmmm...anyway I'm happy its going well. All the best. Cheerio.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I blame those pentacostal scales.

Rob ha detto...

Pentatonic scales are nice, don't knock them. Just finished an hour practice on the cello ending with a few.

Rob ha detto...

Don't get me started on the Pentacostal ones. Just watched a video saying the reformation was all about money too!

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Oh!
I thought that after all that you’d end with a “phew!”.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Well, you indulge Richard so much maybe you should charge him money for it too.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Reading all these comments makes me glad I’m 3225 kms away.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

What type of scale is 'a few'?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Depends where you're standing at any one time.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Is that one of your Buddhist sayings?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

What if you were standing on one leg?
Would it then be closer like only 1612 and a bit kms away?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

If you were laying down say, would 3225 kms seem longer or shorter?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Damn this ‘The Elephant In The Room’ chardonnay is good.
It comes in a 250 ml can you know.*


* No innuendos please.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Mr. Linford loves you, Peter.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I’ll try to find a supplier in Wellington and get you and Shelley some.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Hey, good job you had an available can.
Good planning.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Chardonnay not Mr Linfords.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

You missed a possessive apostrophe.
(Mr Linford's)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

No, if you read the comment properly you would see that in this context Mr Linfords is a plural.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Sounds like bullshit to me.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Splat!