domenica 2 agosto 2026

Steve is a brikehead.

 


In the 1970s Peter, Robert and I (your three bloggers) worked for a liquor firm called Murray Roberts. Murray Roberts was attached to another firm called Levin and Co. Murray Roberts generally sold booze to individual customers and organisations like clubs. Levin and Co sold to pubs and other companies. The two firms worked side by side and all the employees knew each other. One Levin and Co employee was a truck driver named Steve. He certainly wasn't a genius, but he was a nice enough fellow. Sometimes 'humerous' statements were found written on the walls in the back storerooms. A very noticeable one appeared one day. It was written in big letters and said, "Steve is a brikehead."

Okay, there is a moral behind this. A moral that's probably better than Robert will hear in mass today. The guy who chose to insult Steve's intelligence could not spell 'brick head'.  This actually tells us more about the composer than the victim. 

The moral: 

Be careful when you set out to insult someone, unless it is Mr. Linford.


Yesterday I did 1 1/2 hours of violin practice. Not too bad. I've been working quite a bit on playing scales all over the violin lately. Those scales can make you feel comfortable all over the violin.


"We've come for the table."

Well, I'll leave you there for this morning.

Tieni i mattoni lontani dalla testa.

Ciao.

12 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Thanks for that.
It explains the writing on the back wall where the trucks were parked that read:"Richard is a prike".
I always wondered what a prike was.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Ha, ha, ha.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

And I thought your rule was Sectare Fidem.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Or was it Sect Hurry, Feed em?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

At morning break at Murray Roberts Peter was having a cup of tea. Someone wrote on the wall, "Mea culpa."

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Peter wanted a table and asked a friend at Levin & Co to pick it up for him. The friend said, "You can take my truck. It's a comfy old truck. Just tell the people, when you get there, that you have come for table."

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Peter was standing in a Thorndon street talking to a huge rubbish bin. A lady came up to him and asked what he was doing. He told her he was talking to a blogger named Bin Hire.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

It was Guy Fawkes evening and Peter was watching sky rockets shooting into the sky. Then one sky rocket took off with a funny noise, "The, The, The..."
Peter thought, "I bet that's The The The Guy."

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Oh dear. I wish Robet would post again and save us from this.

Anonimo ha detto...

Hey, The The Richard (of RBB), great The The to The The see the The The effort you're The The putting into keeping The The this blogging The The community alive. The The well done!

The The The Guy

Rob ha detto...

Actually I forget exactly what the moral of the sermon in Feilding was. Something to do with what we desire. He went through a list of what people desire in their lives before getting to death. The moral must have been something like are we desiring what is important. I was sitting next to my love and maybe that is why I was distracted.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Well then, we know where you’re going.
At least you’ll have company because Richard has already booked his place in Hell.