lunedì 21 settembre 2026

A very surprising event!

 Some things happen that you just do not expect!


I woke around 6.30am this morning. Really no big surprise there. I took a while to get my thoughts together. I made my usual quick visit to the bathroom for a pee. That all went according to plan. Fortunately I didn't take my phone with me, so there was really no chance of a phone mishap, like often happens to Peter. 

I lay in bed for a while and then I got up. I guess I should have spotted that something was different. I guess I was still in the process of waking up and didn't spot anything to worry about. I revisited the toilet, cleaned my teeth and had a quick shower. I forgot to mention that I also had a shave with my electric razor.


I then took my meds and put some cream on my arms and legs. I went downstairs.* I turned on the heater and prepared to write a blog post. What should I write about? McDonald Trump? Ed Sheeran and his problems? The Catholic church? The Warriors getting beaten? Yesterday's jazz jam? I thought for a little while.

Then I noticed our front door.


I quickly went and checked the back door! Both doors were locked. On thinking about it, this was probably because we always lock both of these doors a little while before we go to bed. We're not usually expecting anyone to break in, it's just a safety precaution. Having them locked probably makes us sleep feeling more secure.

Okay, so far this was really a pretty normal Monday morning, but then everything changed! 

I realised that I had nothing to write about. How was I going to hold my readers' interest? I really needed some sort of catastrophe to report, but I had nothing! 
This is when 'normal' can really hurt.
I guess I'll just have to get on with my day.
Hey, I'm really sorry about that.
Bye.






* There really are only two stairs. Still, it involves going down stairs.

12 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Oh!
I thought it was just the same old.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

You're the older one.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Robert chuckles.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

How do you know?
Richard chuckles.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Have you upset Robert- again?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Zeus only knows.

Anonimo ha detto...

I’d ask Zeus’s wife but unfortunately she went missing after dinner.

Anonimo ha detto...

Ah, have a Cleanskin!

The Cleanskin Guy

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Nuts!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Hey, that's no way to talk to Dr. Richard!

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Robert’s back but I was rude to him so he might flicker off again.

THE WINE GUY ha detto...

If he does I hope he takes his Ai slop with him.