domenica 20 settembre 2026

Domenica.

 Would you believe it? I'm going to mass this morning!



No, I'm not.

I'm just trying to warm up a bit, by the heater. I'll probably go to the Aro Jazz Jam this afternoon. I'll give my ears a bit of a workout. I don't use written music at these jams, though nearly everyone else does. I like to use my ears, to listen and play like a singer. 


I'll spend some time this morning playing the four scale shapes for major, dorian, natural minor and dominant 7th scales around the violin. That's sixteen shapes, each scale starting on fingers 1, 4, 3 & 2, in that order. I'll play the scales with completely long bows. I'll play different amounts of notes with my long bows. 

Of this AI says, "Think about what you're doing and don't listen to me."

Peter will be up by now. I hope his phone is dry. Robert will be dressing up for mass and maybe a quick confession. "Bless me Father for I have sinned..."

I'm enjoying the heater.

To quote Spike Milligan, when he saw and heard small things on his floor reciting numbers, "It's the little things that count."

Okay, I'm off to play some scales with long bows.

Bye.

14 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Hey, a read.

The Cleanskin Guy

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I think you left out the word 'great'.

Anonimo ha detto...

No, I didn't.

The Cleanskin Guy

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I could do you a good deal on communion hosts if you want?
Good condition, only used by little old ladies on Sundays.

Rob ha detto...

In the witches dance the first two notes are played on a down bow with a pause in between.

Rob ha detto...

I don't know any church that has confession before Sunday Mass.

Rob ha detto...

If you had gone to my church this morning your ears would have got a good work out trying to match the chap who was an excellent pianist and singer.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

There’s no rule against it. Most likely it’s because the priests have hangovers on Sunday mornings from too much whiskey and can’t be arsed to open up the confessionals.
It’s a poor show really. It’s not as if they have real jobs.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

So no one wants my second hand hosts then?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I know that Richard likes jams.
I have a cupboard full of various jams I’ve bought and made. I can top the hosts with these if you like.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Robert, my guardian angel can deliver the hosts to you for free if you want, She’s been lazing around for over 60 years so has plenty of time on her hands.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Hey, good jam joke. Never used before!
Well, less than 5000, 000, 007 times.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Did you mean your garden angle?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

The ‘Nui jokes haven’t improved much either.