lunedì 14 settembre 2026

Good morning world.

 


I know, I know. I only have two fairly regular readers and to claim I'm writing to the world is a bit over the top.

I'll start again.

Good morning, two fairly regular readers and anyone else who has popped in for a look.




Well, I didn't expect to see Brother Benedict this morning. Good thing I'm wearing long pyjama pants!



My practice currently stands at 269 hours for 2026. I'll probably start with some double bass practice today. Today is number 257, so I'm currently 12 days ahead and will be adding more before the day is over.

I haven't read my bible today. That's really no big surprise. We have a bible, somewhere on our bookshelf, that came from Uncle Steve's place. It is somewhere up there. I don't remember when I last looked at it. Probably a few years ago. I prefer to read Jack Reacher. I'm sure that Robert feels the same.

It'll be sunny in Thorndon today, so Peter probably won't write a post. No big deal there. That could even be quite a good thing.

 I think I'll head off now and have a shave and a shower. Don't worry Peter, I'll leave my phone in the living room. Then I've got a little bit of schoolwork to do.

Non ho nulla da dire in italiano stamattina.

Ciao.

31 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

It was sunny but now has clouded over.
I think I'll go to watch De Gaulle part two at Lighthouse Cuba Street this afternoon.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I disagree. I think you misread most of it. Too much time studying Latin in 3P?

Anonimo ha detto...

I'm down from Auckland and staying with a friend in Thorndon. It seems sunny to me.

Phillip Edward Nis

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Come on Phillip, you're just a made up blog character. Take a look at what the initials of your first two names and your surname spell. For Robert's god's sake!

Anonimo ha detto...

That's really rude, Richard. Climb into your bass bag and shut up.

Phillip Edward Nis

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I bet your mother's maiden name was Caroline Unt.

Anonimo ha detto...

Actually, her name was Clare.

Phillip Edward Nis

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Oops! You caught me out there!

Anonimo ha detto...

Did you get that bass practice done?

Bin Hie

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I'm half way through it. The second half is my next job.

Anonimo ha detto...

Good.

Bin Hire

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Bass practice done.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Violin practice half done.

THE WINE GUY ha detto...

Don’t forget the paperwork afterwards.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Violin practice will be finished in 5 minutes.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

The job's not over until the paperwork is done.

Anonimo ha detto...

Phew. That's a relief.

Bin Hire

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

All done.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Well, I'll be off to bed shortly. An early start at work tomorrow.

Anonimo ha detto...

Goodnight Richard (of RBB).

Bin Hire

Anonimo ha detto...

The The Good night The The. The The Sleep well The The.

The The The Guy

Anonimo ha detto...

Hell! Where you're going. Sleep well while you can.

Angry Jesus

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

And I thought that tinnitus was bad but I’d rather have that than all those annoying voices in your head.

Rob ha detto...

Wala akong masabi sa Italyano ngayong umaga.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Non è un problema.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

He speaks with forked tongue kemosabe.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

The bloody Lone Curmudgeon is back!

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Hi Ho Silver!

Here are the rules that The Lone Ranger went by:

The Lone Ranger was never seen without his mask or some sort of disguise.
He was never captured or held for any length of time by lawmen, avoiding his being unmasked.
He always used perfect grammar and precise speech devoid of slang and colloquialisms.
Whenever he was forced to use guns, he never shot to kill, but instead tried to disarm his opponent as painlessly as possible.
He was never put in a hopeless situation; e.g., he was never seen escaping from a barrage of gunfire merely by fleeing toward the horizon.
He rarely referred to himself as the Lone Ranger. If someone's suspicions were aroused, either the Lone Ranger would present one of his silver bullets to confirm his identity or someone else would attest on his behalf; the latter happened at the end of most episodes when someone would ask, "Who was that masked man?" as the Lone Ranger departed. His decision to adopt the moniker of Lone Ranger was inspired by Tonto; following the ambush at Bryant's Gap, Tonto observed him to be the only ranger left—in other words, he was the "lone" ranger.
Though the Lone Ranger offered his aid to individuals or small groups facing powerful adversaries, the ultimate objective of his story always implied that their benefit was only a byproduct of the development of the West or the country.
Adversaries were rarely other than American, to avoid criticism from minority groups, with some exceptions. He sometimes battled foreign agents, though their nation of origin was generally not named. An exception was his having helped the Mexican Benito Juárez against French troops of Emperor Maximilian, as occurred in the radio episodes "Supplies for Juarez" (September 18, 1939), "Hunted by Legionnaires" (September 20, 1939), and "Lafitte's Reinforcements" (September 22, 1939).
The names of unsympathetic characters were carefully chosen so that they never consisted of two names if it could be avoided. More often than not, a single nickname or surname was selected.
The Lone Ranger never drank or smoked, and saloon scenes were usually shown as cafes, with waiters and food instead of bartenders and liquor.
Criminals were never shown in enviable positions of wealth or power, and they were never successful or glamorous.


Yes, I can see why you draw a connection between me and him.




Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Yawn.

Rob ha detto...

I thought it was Tonto who spoke Philippino.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

You're getting confused there old fella.
Tagalog is one of the Philippini languages.
No doubt Hoppalong (Cassidy) popped into your mind when thinking of that and then you mind-jumped to The Lone Ranger and ultimately Tonto.
it's good to exercise your brain though although in your case it's like doing two press-ups and a star-jump.