venerdì 11 settembre 2026

It's not every day that you get to chat with a nursery rhyme character.

 


Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater,
Had a wife and couldn't keep her;
He put her in a pumpkin shell,
And there he kept her very well.

Okay, I was left this comment on my last post.
"You should do a post on moving your double bass. That'd be more interesting."
Okay Peter, Peter pumpkin eater, just for you.



I have to take my double bass to a practice for a gig. It has been a while since I've put a double bass in my car. In fact, I have never put a double bass into my Missan Note.

Remember that I also have a seat for my 
three year old grandson in the back. That
seat takes up bass space.


Actually, I believe it would be easier to move a prefab classroom out of a school!


Looks easy!

I'm not kidding you! 
Firstly, I've got to put the bass into its bag AND put one of my bows in its container that also fits into the bag.
Secondly, I've got to go out to the car, unlock it and drop down the front passenger seat. 
Thirdly, I've got to carry the bass through doors and out of the house. Hey, don't trip on those steps!
Then I have random trees, and Shelley's car, to avoid.
Next comes putting it into the car. I open the front passenger door. Will it fit in front of Harrison's seat? I will put the bass in fat (bottom) end first. The scroll (the bit at the top of the bass) will finish up down where a front passenger's feet would go.
When the gig, that this practice is for, comes along, I'll have to put an amp and other equipment in the car too. Phew! 
Now, doesn't that make moving a prefab classroom in a quiet little street in Thorndon sound rather easy?

While I'm doing all this, Peter will just be sitting at home chewing on a piece of pumpkin and looking out for blog post ideas, in his little street, that might be slightly interesting. Sheesh!

Ciao tutti.

7 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

"I will put the bass in fat (bottom) end first"

Fortunately for you, you have lots of experience in doing this.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I'm of to Regional Wines for a pinot noir tasting at 6pm.
I hope that it doesn't give me another gout flare.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Are you talking about the bus driver giving you a good fare? You really must get into proofreading!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Yes, true.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I've put basses into lots of cars.

Rob ha detto...

"I've put basses into lots of cars". How many basses can you fit in a car?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

How many angels got sent to Hell?