giovedì 24 settembre 2026

No work today!

YES!!!

Oops, I meant...

NO!!!

It's a chilly morning in the Nui, but it's sunny and there is no rain.
AND I'm at home.


I have done 280 hours of music practice so far this year. 193 1/2 hours of that is violin practice. The rest is a mixture of double bass and guitar practice. Not too bad. I'll be pushing on towards 290 hours today.

Poor old Peter has had a rough time lately. I hope he's feeling a bit better today. It sounds like he has finally been given the correct drugs. I had advised him of these drugs, I learnt all about them at medical school. Anyway, I think he's finally on the right path. Let's hope he's feeling better soon.

Well, time for me to go and get organised.
If you're going to work today, sorry about that.

Ciao tutti.


31 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Thanks for the great trip and lunch today Richard and Shelley.

TC

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Piacere.

Rob ha detto...

I didn't even get a mention, let alone lunch!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Make yourself a sandwich.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Peter has buggered off to Auckland to see an opera. Robert (see, he got a mention here) will either be playing racing cars or will have gone to confession. Maybe he's reading the Bible? Peter won't be wearing a hat in Auckland. Certainly not his raccoon hat. I wonder if Robert will drive up to Cricket Town tomorrow? I'm doing quite a bit of guitar practice today. I'd better do some violin too. There you go, that's as good as a post.

THE WINE GUY ha detto...

Lazy bugger.
Maybe you should make Robert a sandwich to stop him from moaning.
Seeing as he’s back on biblical rubbish some loaves and fishes might work- or sardines on toast.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Ah, go sing some opera songs!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Anyway, I'm famous around here for my peanut butter toasted sandwiches.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Lynn has taken to putting peanut butter on her porridge.
You’re not alone in weird behaviour.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Don't let my daughter in law catch her doing that! :-0

Anonimo ha detto...

Ooh no!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I thought that TC would have kept us updated on where he has got to. He must at least be around Taupo. Maybe he's passing through Taumarunui on the main trunk line?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Taumaranui coming up.Unfortunately it’ll be a 20 minute stop.
Should I go to the Cosi Club?
They might let me in given I won’t have one of those forbidden women with me.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

From a song of mine from the time...
"Taumarunui ain't a one horse town.
No, Taumarunui ain't a one horse town.
Them horses got more sense,
Ain't a single horse for fifty miles around."

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Yes, that’s proof that you did the right thing by later adopting the Elton John method of songwriting.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

What?

I think you've been on that train for too damn long!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Go and say the rosary

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Well, that's what Robert would do.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Ha ha, Goats are online.

Oh, I’m not referring to Richard’s comments. There really are goats on the line at Mangaweka. The train driver had to sound the horn to chase them off.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Yeah, sure.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

And I bet they're saying the rosary.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

How did you know?
They were saying “baa baa baa” so I think they were.
They only missed out “humbug”.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

You must be home by now!
Well done.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Are you home?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I hope you haven't stopped off to go to confession. You need to get over that communion hosts thing from the 1960s! It's unlikely that you'll be forgiven for that.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Peter will be home now.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Don't get excited about a new post though.
That's not going to happen tonight.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

He must be home by now!!!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Unless the train goes via Miramar and Seatoun.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

And Island Bay?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I'm back. Read my post.