lunedì 7 settembre 2026

Rain, rain, go away...

...Come again another day.

All the children want to play, so

Rain, rain, go away.


Yes, it's a wet day in the Nui and it will also be wet in Thorndon. Maybe God is planning another big flood to get rid of those damn atheists. He won't mind about losing a few Christians along the way. He didn't care last time.


Yesterday's jam was a good practice session for playing by ear. I spent the best part of two hours playing over tunes, some I knew well and some I didn't. Good practice for playing like a singer. Gosh, there was some out of tune playing by some people, hey but that's life.

I'll get some more violin practice done this morning. Activities like playing at a jam do not count as recorded practice for me. Still, I have passed 260 hours of 'proper practice'. The new strings are sounding good. I wonder if Peter is practising his accordion? He seemed keen to take it to Cuba Mall when his foot is feeling a bit better. He has a friend there who plays the harmonica.

Well, that's it from me for this morning. Just a little post, but better than nothing. Nothing? That's what you get this morning from the two old guys.

Ciao tutti.

13 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

"I spent the best part of two hours playing over tunes, some I knew well and some I didn't."

And those other poor musicians didn't mind you playing over their tunes?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Very witty, TC!

NOT

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

"Very witty, TC! NOT"

Ha ha. That's an anagram of Conway Twitty.
Do you play his music?
His greatest hit was 'It's only make believe' which is appropriate for your blog.

Anonimo ha detto...

Well spotted (like Dick) TC.

The atheistic devil man

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I think we have a new character around here.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Only 6 comments?
You're sad Mista.

Rob ha detto...

"He won't mind about losing a few Christians along the way. He didn't care last time." The flood was pre Christian. I saw an interesting video that explained how long ago the Mediterranean was drained because the strait at Gibraltar was blocked for a while then it collapsed allowing the Atlantic ocean to surge in. Was that the flood if people were living in the there?

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Sounds like you're making excuses for the bible.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Probably.
Most of the OT writings (passed on memories) were based on natural events. I'll look out for that documentory.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

No. He's at long last facing up to reality.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

A post would be nice.

Rob ha detto...

It was a nice sunny day so your prayer was answered.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...


I would have thought that a sensible and particular god would have just stopped the rain above Willis Grove.
Maybe not everyone wanted the rain to stop. Farmers for example and those skiving off doing gardening duties come to mind.