sabato 12 settembre 2026

Robert did something he doesn't usually do on a Saturday morning...

 He rang Peter!


"Hi Rob, this is an early call. What are you up to?"
"Richard has just written a new post! I'm so excited! I haven't read it yet!"
Peter let out a grump.
"It'll be the normal stuff. You know, me in a silly hat. Then he'll take a shot at religion. Then we'll get to hear all about his practice."

* * *



Hi all. Lynn doesn't think that hats work for Peter. Is she wrong?
Maybe there's a mention about hats in the bible?
Brent 16:22   Jesus walked down the road towards the local church. Some people stared at him. What was he wearing?


Most of the locals didn't understand English, but the few who did didn't understand what was written on his hat. "Make America Great Again?" What the Hell was Jesus on about?
A man approached him and asked what it meant. 
"Well," said Jesus, "In years to come I am sending a special saviour to a country that doesn't exist yet. This man will become its president and will carry on my good work. It'll be like my second coming."
The man who had approached Jesus was confused.



Okay, let's move onto my practice. I did some violin and some double bass practice yesterday. On violin I worked on the four octave shapes for playing major, natural minor, dorian minor and dominant 7th. scales. Yes, that's right, there are just four scale shapes but, to get the chosen scale form, you just start in a different place.
I mainly concentrated on 'warmups' on the double bass. I have a gig coming up in November and the first practice for that gig in about a week's time. If you want to know how I'll get the double bass to the practice, read my last post.
I'll certainly make time for some guitar practice today.

Okay, that's it for this morning.

Don't forget to get your practice done and don't just play away while watching the clock. Make sure that long bows and intonation checks are included in your warmup.

Ciao tutti.

15 commenti:

Rob ha detto...

I think the hat was a reference to the Spaniards who would make the Americas great by spreading the truth about the Kingdom of heaven and the teachings of Christ's Catholic church.
Have you been to confession? There were plenty going after Mass this morning. No one would have noticed you if you sat next to the lady with the restless child.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

If heaven is a place, why isn't it written with a capital H?

Anonimo ha detto...

Because H looks too much like a rugby goal post. Maybe Jesus is a football fan?

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

I think God the Father is into hockey.

Bin Hire

Anonimo ha detto...

Heaven and Hell both start with an H. That's something they have in common. I wonder if there are other things too?

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonimo ha detto...

Heaven, Hell and Hockey all start with the same letter. I think that G the F was dropping a hint.

Bin Hire

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Is The Lady With The Restless Child another of those paintings or statues of The Virgin Mary?

Anonimo ha detto...

As it bizarrely turned out it is.

Anonimo ha detto...

No one can prove I wrote that last comment.
TC

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I think you're the one who is most worried about it.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Trump would call your blog ‘fake news’ and in this case I’d agree with the orange idiot.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Are you disputing the practice I did on violin scales?

Anonimo ha detto...

No, sorry, they were good.
TC

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

How heavy were you?