martedì 12 marzo 2024

Off to work soon.

 The good thing about my job is that, if I go in a little early, I can practise my violin.

Remember the 12 things that help your jazz playing?

Well, today's three things are:

  • Playing over m7b5 chords using the ascending form of the melodic minor.
  • A Coltrane diminished lick.
  • 3rd/7th double stops.

I'll get on the road before 7.45am, hopefully earlier, and get stuck into that practice. My first student is due at 9.30am.

How's your practice going?

Remember that it pays to have a plan.

Ciao tutti.

15 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I plan to go to tennis and yes, I do need the practice.

Anonimo ha detto...

Just don't set Mike off.

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Your cough?
I don’t understand. Have you got a cold?

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

I've got a plan, It involves a multi track recorder, drum set, synthesizer, mixer and electric fiddle. I just need nothing else to do.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Retire like Richard and I have done. It gives you more time for 'the more important things in life'.

Anonimo ha detto...

Retire? Hey, I'm working three days a week at the moment!

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

The way you report it you go along to school and practise on your old fiddle like you would at home and you get paid for it. Sheesh!

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

Robert chuckles.

Anonimo ha detto...

Richard breaks wind.

Richard (of RBB)

Anonimo ha detto...

Peter goes to tennis and breaks his racket. No longer will he steal communion hosts. What a racket that was!

Richard (of RBB)

Anonimo ha detto...

Robert chucks his paint brush away.

Richard (of RBB)

Anonimo ha detto...

Up north Mike returns to tennis to tell Peter to shut up. They can both hear Neil Diamond in the background.

Richard (of RBB)

Anonimo ha detto...

Richard (of RBB) is practising Neil Diamond tunes because he wants to be popular.

Richard (of RBB)

Anonimo ha detto...

Robert has built a synth out of wire and old paint brushes. He is getting ready to record.

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Richard has always dreamed of a hot August night. Maybe this year he'll get lucky.