giovedì 7 marzo 2024

Okay, let's start with some weird objects.

 

Makes Peter's wrench look a bit ordinary!



Well, it's as good a place as any to keep false teeth.



I bet Robert knows what it's for!




You certainly wouldn't want to get this up your arse.


It's starting to get dark in Nuova Lazio. I've had a quiet day today and have only done half an hour's practice on my violin. 

I started by practising playing some harmonic minors (ascending) a fifth away from the root over the first three chords to Sweet Georgia Brown - D7, G7 and C7. They feature the #11.
Then I quickly played through a Coltrane diminished lick. C E G Eb, Eb G Bb F#, etc.
After that I played some 6th and 5th double stops up the neck. That was it for today because then I headed off to the dentist.

After the dentist I've basically been wasting time, though I did drive over the hill to a music shop to pick up a book for one of my students. 

Now I'm waiting to take my last pill for the day. It's a pain killer. 

I hope I can get twenty comments for this post.

Ciao.

16 commenti:

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Actually, there are two pills I have to take.
Well, four painkiller pills really.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I'm following the dentist's orders.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I'm hoping my mouth will be better tomorrow so that I can get some serious practice done.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I've got a gig with a Scottish band on the 31st. of March - the same day that my grandson turns one. You don't usually say 'turns one'. It's more like 'gets to one'.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I'm not really looking forward to the gig and would happily give it to someone else. The music is a bit of a challenge to read. It's not hard, it's just how the notes are written. I'll be glad when it's done.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I'm also playing violin on Saturday at a dinner in Greytown. Contrary to popular belief, everything in Greytown is not grey. I hope there are no Neil Diamond fans there. Actually, there will be one - the guy from my last violin gig.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Well, it's just about time to take those pills.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I think I'll leave it there for tonight. Night, night.

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

Hope your mouth is better this morning. Did you have a tooth out?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

He often has second thoughts after writing his blog posts.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Thanks Rob, it has been better. Yep, tooth out and some other work.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

12

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Well, the comments are coming in!

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Tooth out = 2 thought just in case any of you were wondering.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I don’t know why I bother sometimes. I think I’ll go and argue with Mike at tennis.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

16 now.