domenica 5 maggio 2024

Metro Gnome vs Metronome.

 Poor old TC got himself a bit confused on my last post. He left a comment that seemed to get his old mind trapped into a certain line of thought.


He was referring to this video.


The guitarist and the bassist are tapping their feet (one foot each), but the violinist (me) is not.

Now it pays to be careful when talking to old people, so let me make it clear that we are not talking about one of these.


What he is referring to is two musicians in the video moving a foot up and down. I told him that my time keeping was internal and he got upset. You can read his other comments on my last post.

Okay, I'll try to explain something to the old chap (he's quite a bit older than me).

This is a metronome.


TC, please don't confuse it with a gnome who lives in the city - a metro gnome.


"I'll meet you down at Joe's cafe."

Musicians, well serious musicians, practise playing good time by playing along with a metronome. After a while they internalize different time feels and moving one's foot becomes optional.

TC might be better to research topics like this, rather than fighting with other men at tennis.

Mike, who gets his rackets muddled up.

Roger, who has a different taste in music.

I hope that helps TC. Probably a good idea to go easy on the Cleanskins too. Keep it to two glasses when you are posting.


Ciao.

Nessun commento: