sabato 25 maggio 2024

Namaste.

 I hope he thanked his guardian angel!

Well, why do we always assume that guardian 
angels are going to be pretty?


"Jess, firstly welcome to guardianangels.co.heaven. Now, listen carefully, we have an assignment for you. Down on Earth (aka Jasper), it's 1952 down there, we've just set up a young fellow named Peter. We've got a few plans for him. For example, we'd like to get him into 3P at St. Patrick's College in Wellington, but our biggest task will be keeping him alive. The danger is that, especially in later life, he'll get an urge to climb up and down things, which could be dangerous. We'd also like to keep him in the faith and hopefully keep him out of Hell. Towards that purpose, he IS NOT to go near communion hosts unsupervised. I'm counting on you there, Jess. Also, we'll have to be careful with praying. Remember Elijah and all that trouble he caused for others by praying for no rain. Jesus! I wish I hadn't listened to his prayers! No, sorry Jesus, I wasn't calling you. I was just a bit worked up about something."

Okay, okay, if sliding down banks at golf courses wasn't enough, old Peter (71) has decided to scramble over wet roofing. I guess that Rob is right, and Jess is doing a pretty good job, especially to get him to such a ripe old age. Maybe he needs to take up composing music. Rob could show him how to write in the style of St. Saens.* I suppose he could also get those bagpipes out, but that's a bit hard on his neighbours. 

Maybe, if he came back to the one true church, he could live his life in a safer way? Though, look at how Jesus finished up! At least he had time to do his nails.

Poor old Lynn certainly has her work cut out!

Take care out there, Peter. Remember what happened to the chair.


Surakshit hon. Be safe.






* not a proper saint

2 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Thanks for that.
I'm glad that I inspired a post for you.
It's a pity though that you couldn't imagine up a nicer guardian angel for me. Something along the lines of Isabelle Adjani (before her plastic surgery) would have done.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I've got a 'cheeky' little bottle of wine here with the back label slipping right down that you might like.