venerdì 3 maggio 2024

What rate should Tent Horn be paid if he takes up cleaning?

 


Well, we know he'd do a quick job. Babble, babble, you can't get a word in, babble.

What sort of music would he ask the man of the house to put on?

Maybe that music that Roger plays?

Roger

Before Peter chirps in, let's be fair to Roger - he has never had an abortion, and I bet he has never played Gregorian Chant. Talk about complicated music - Gregorian Chant doesn't have any chords and usually only uses the notes from one mode, often the Dorian mode.

While we're on the topic of Gregorian Chant, I played a jazz gig on Wednesday evening at the Realm in Hataitai - this gig, that features different jazz musicians, has been running for 19 years.


The gig went really well.

The three other guys in the band have Maori heritage and we played some Maori tunes that Poropiti (the sax player in the above picture) had written. These went down very well with the audience.

I played a violin feature.


That seemed to go down well too. There wasn't a big crowd, but they seemed enthusiastic.

Outside it was pissing down and I had to lug my gear quite a way as car parks were scarce. I didn't come across any cleaners, so I couldn't ask them what they were getting paid. No one was playing music from their car either. I surmised that Roger was not in the area. Admittedly I didn't check the Hataitai tennis courts.

I don't know what freelance cleaners charge in Nuova Lazio. Robert might know.