giovedì 9 marzo 2023

It's almost bass practice time.

 


Home early today,

And the weather is grey.

Now I'm looking for a rhyme,

It's almost bass practice time.

With a gig in the wings,

I'll have to practise many things.

Bowing and pizz,

No time to stop for a piss,

And it's hard to make things rhyme,

It's almost bass practice time.


Hey, a bit of advice, don't use Booking.com. I had to cancel a booking that I'd foolishly paid for in advance. I did it within the prescribed period but, when I rang their number, they weren't interested. Funnily enough, they even implied that on their email.

I rang Booking.com's number before the cut off date but they (well, a lady in a different country) fobbed me off.

Here's what also appeared on my email.



I rang the hotel too, but I could understand when the pointed me back to Booking.com.

Ah well, that's life.

* * *

Sorry but I'm feeling a bit tired and befuddled today, but everyone on the blogging scene will be happy to get this post.

It was sad to see Robert take down the post with his very nice violin solo in it. He is sounding very good.

We haven't had any posts with clips of TC playing the bagpipes, but that is absolutely fine.

Peter's Bagpipes never really took off as a blog.

Well, I'd better get that bass practice done - there are four pieces that I am working on (and three violin pieces) for my May library concert. Haven't I hit the big time!

No need to thank me for the new post but please do so if you feel so inclined.

Ciao tutti.

8 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Why did Robert delete his post?

re Booking.com all those travel and accommodation sites and concert booking sites are run by scammers, crooks and people who think customer service is just something the marketers dreamed up and they don't have to apply it.
We've had bad experiences with them, have lost money (thousands of dollars in airline bookings when we had to fly from Toronto to Aberdeen when Lynn's mother died), had our credit cards scammed ($14000 worth from using Tiketek) and overcharging when booking hotels. We've learned to not use them and just deal directly with motels/hotels, airlines etc.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I won't be thanking you for the poem as it was just awful.

Anonimo ha detto...

Come on, we've had worse poems on the blogs!

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

I was actually pleased with the tone I got through the recording using a microphone Oliver sold me. It was really a test to see if I could get it all together.

Anonimo ha detto...

Can I book in, in advance for the concert in May?
I like to sit by the windows but last time I was in the library there was a very smelly man sleeping across the chairs there. Can the nice ladies please reserve this spot for me?
Will you be doing requests? I don't like a lot of that modern music. Mabel, my friend asked if you can play some of those tunes that Kenny G does so well. I personally prefer Barry Manilow and Celine Dion so, if you could ...

Yours,

Ima Oldame

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

"I won't be thanking you for the poem as it was just awful."
C S Lewis originally wanted to be a poet. But no one wanted to buy them.

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

Your seat has been reserved Ima, right next to me. I do have a cold dip each afternoon.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I like it that Robert popped up when you mentioned having read worse poetry on the blogs. It's kind of like in folk tales where an evil spirit is summoned at mention of its name like Rumpelstiltskin or Candyman.