lunedì 22 luglio 2024

Carrying on.

  • m7b5 - using rising version of melodic minor from the third of the chord.
  • Diminished scale and chord notes.
  • Playing over the dominant 7th using the rising version of melodic minor from the fifth of the chord.
  • Playing over the dominant 7th using the rising version of melodic minor from the b9 of the chord. This one can be used when you're going to chord I.
  • Coltrane diminished lick: C  E  G  Eb  Eb  G  Bb  Gb etc.
  • Whole tone scale (aug).
  • Blues scale.
  • Chords and double stops and octaves.
  • 3 - 7 chords.
There you have it. I've given away my secret practice. I just try to do about 2 or 3 each day. Also, when you're improvising, don't forget the power of the chromatic scale. 


Remember to warm up with long notes and play simple scales to check your intonation. Also, for my major, dorian minor and dominant 7th scales, I practise each scale starting on each finger. I think it is important to master the four possible fingerings.

I hope that helps your violin playing. I bet the violinists who play at Rob's church will already know all this stuff, because God would have told them. It's probably mentioned in The Bible somewhere.

Better go now. I might need the toilet again.

Ciao.

7 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I hope the toilet thing goes OK.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

Thanks.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I take it that you mastered the four possible fingerings.

Anonimo ha detto...

Yep. I taught them to Rob today too.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Lead balloon.

Anonimo ha detto...

I've got to say that Rob is doing an amazing job of looking after his very sick lady. What a guy! Incredibile!


Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Yes, I agree.