venerdì 26 luglio 2024

Friday.

 Mass was over and the two boys old men walked outside. Father Orange was outside striking up conversations with people as they came out of the church.


Father Orange: Hi Robert. Who's your friend?

Robert: This is Peter from Wangarei.

Father Orange: Don't you mean Whangarei? Hi Peter. It's always nice to meet northern Catholics. 

Peter: Hi Father, actually, I'm not...

Father Orange: Oh, you're from somewhere else? Okay lads, what's the plan for today?

Robert: I'm going to read up about Saint Therese of Lisieux. I've got her picture on my blog.

Father Orange (smirking to himself): Interesting, and how about you Peter?

Peter: I need to get home because I'm going to buy a mat for my front door. I have a blog too and I intend to write a detailed post about it.


Father Orange (with an obvious hint of sarcasm): Fascinating! Okay, lovely chatting lads, enjoy your day.

[Father Orange shuffled off to find a conversation with someone else. Anyone else.]

Peter: Here Rob, you can have these rosary beads back. I'd better get going. It's a long drive.

Robert: Why don't you just buy a mat here?

Peter: We have a shop that sells things that I really like. Their things are more expensive but are really good quality, like the boots I showed you on a blog post.


Robert: Well, let's just hope that it doesn't take as long to lay out that mat as it does to get your boots on and off. I'm off to pray to Saint Therese. Have a safe trip and may God and the Holy Spirit be with you.

Peter: There won't really be a lot of room for them in the car, once I pick up that mat. It comes in quite a big box.

Robert: Okay. I'll see you on the blogs.

Peter: Yep, you sure will. I hope you enjoy Mat 2. It'll be a more extended version of Mat 1.

Robert (trying to sound sincere): Great.


5 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

This post is very misleading.
The mat I bought was for the back door, not the front door.
Sheesh!

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

That's a fail for me!

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Don't beat yourself up (it's important to use the right adverb there as 'off' would give the wrong idea) about it, I'm sure that you'll get some things right in future posts.

Anonimo ha detto...

I like the boots.

- Chloe (formerly from Wainuiomata)

Anonimo ha detto...

Is 'phuck of' ochay?

Richard (of Peter's Back Doormat)