domenica 30 giugno 2024

Do not handle!

 As I woke up I had a quick look at Rob's blog. He had a music test, about some pretty obscure things, and was giving the answers. He referred to the composer Handel as 'Handle'.


When you're running a test, and wanting to make it look intelligent, little mistakes like this matter. It reminded me of a little experience yesterday. I was asked to speak at a workshop on song writing. Afterwards I played solo for about half an hour on the performance stage.

Me playing.

At the workshop two people, who were asked to talk - like me, displayed their lyrics. I talked briefly about chords. It was the only time that the musical side of songwriting was mentioned. Now there's Rob asking some pretty complicated music questions, but he couldn't pass my fairly basic music theory test. Reminds me of Tent Horn and his big words.


Rob would be better spending his time getting familiar with the five families of chords, instead of worrying about which silly old monk wouldn't use the 7th note of a scale.

Ah well, just a thought or two for the morning. I've got some double bass practice to do this morning so I'll leave you to it. Rob is probably having a nice time listening to Mozrat.

Ciao.

4 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I got 4 questions out of 11 correct. I don’t wish to skite about this but no one else came close.

The Curmudgeon (Doctor)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

It looks like stars are coming out of your violin. Is that a special effect? Kind of like those haloes in Robert’s pictures.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

I can Handle that.

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

I blame spell check!