venerdì 19 aprile 2024

A great old joke.



 I wonder if Peter is cleaning a shed again today? 

I'm off to a wedding tomorrow. In Martinborough. I'm playing background music on my violin. The guy getting married is the same guy who replaced me with Neil Diamond (recorded music) when I was playing backgrounds a little while back. I guess it could be a short gig. 

Is playing background music similar to cleaning a shed? 

God would know the answer to that.

Do you get plenary indulgences if you're a Catholic and you clean a shed? Maybe it has to be a shed on church property.

Humble Catholics would probably clean atheists' sheds. Okay, there'd probably be a plenary indulgence or two thrown in for the humble guy.

6 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

For that Neil Diamond-liking guy I suggest you play an unending loop of 'Hello Again', 'Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon', 'Play Me', 'Just for You', 'Love On The Rocks', 'You Got to Me', 'Solitary Man', 'Beautiful Noise', 'Forever', 'I’m a Believer', and 'Red Red Wine' until he begs you for some of your own compositions.





Anonimo ha detto...

Go back to your shed.

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

No, I haven't heard that one. Is it a Neil Diamond?
I've heard of 'Get Back', 'I Wanna Go Back', 'You Can't Go Back', 'Get Him Back', 'Come Back' but nothing about sheds unless you count 'She'd Have Loved To Come Back but ...'.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

How did the wedding go?
Did you get into a fight with the groom?
Did you buy some Ata Rangi pinot noir (the best pinot noir made in New Zealand?
Did you buy any Ata Rangi Craighall chardonnay - one of New Zealand's better chardonnays?
Did you visit Palliser and The Pinnaces vineyard (that Geoff, Lynn and I were once co-owners of)?
Is Shelley still talking to you?

So many questions that need answering.

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

The magisterium of the Church decides on plenary indulgences. Who cannot just make up your own.
I've often thought it would be fun to wander around tables playing background music and tunes appropriate to the groups.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

That’s a good idea Robert.you should write a post on that and imagine different tables of various ethnic, age and demographic groups and match a music style and a particular tune or song to them. Hell! If you don’t do it the Music Curmudgeon might.