martedì 2 aprile 2024

Why is there no new post from The Curmudgeon?

 Only a true believer in nonsense (or The Curmudgeon) will be able to name this lady.

Clue: Back in the day she worked
as a lumberjack.

A group known as Monty Python took credit for these lyrics, but the lady in the picture above really wrote them.

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
I sleep all night and I work all day.

She's a lumberjack, and she's okay.
She sleeps all night and she works all day.

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

She cuts down trees. She eats her lunch.
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays she goes shoppin'
And has buttered scones for tea.

Okay, the correct answer was Maria de Agreda. She was also known as María el leñador.

María el leñador was born in 1602 to a Spanish woman, Catalina, who was married to a woodsman (leñador) named Francisco.
She spent her early years sharpening axes and primitive saws. Her father would often say, "Un árbol señalará siempre en la dirección en la que cae.".
Maria worked for her father for quite a few years and stole quite a few of his sayings.

Maria preached a lot about the almost magical powers of a spice called Turmeric.

Turmeric

She said, "La cúrcuma nos ayuda a encontrar cosas."
She evidently also said, "Espolvorea cúrcuma si quieres ver hacia dónde apunta un árbol."

Again, apologies that The Curmudgeon couldn't be bothered posting today.

4 commenti:

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

I just sprinkled some Turmeric around the kitchen and living room, we are looking for three scarves that were in a bag. Marie was going to sew them together.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Maria de Agreda?
What was she going to do with them?
Lasso a passing cloud to hitch a ride to heaven? Star Anise might be a better option.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Re posting - I’ve been busy today but will post about it tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I did post - twice - today but you might have missed it since you were reminiscing about your glory days in the 1930s.
Robert told you not to be mean which, coming from a christian can be interpreted as "you're a moaning old cunt."