giovedì 25 aprile 2024

My post, but not really the last one.

 

I'm in there somewhere.

Oh, there I am.

There were an awful lot of people there, but out of shot.

I did my best job this year, thanks to some thoughtful practice.

As usual, they praised God near the end of the ceremony, and for many things. I just thought of Zeus.

Don't forget that he swallowed one of his wives whole. A very clever god was Zeus.

I hope god (whoever he is) does something to stop wars soon.

When I got home, I played a special Last Post for Shelley's dad. 


'Schoie'. Captain Scholefield - My son
bears his name and I'm proud of that.


7 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

"There were an awful lot of people there, but out of shot."

Lucky for you that those awful people were out of ammo. It's not a good thing to be a bugler hitting wrong notes amidst armed awful people.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I'm glad that you highlighted which one you were. I was worried that the guy in the white dress was you at first.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

That's a great photo of Captain Scholefield. Do you know what division he was in and where he served?

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

You made that woman cry - the one at the left in the photograph.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

The guy with the white soled shoes seems infatuated with you. He's taking photos so he can go home and .... moving on, was that Chris the National MP guy at the top right corner? He was probably looking for babies to kiss.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Zeus probably ended up (pun intended) with colon cancer with that diet of his if there was a god.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I've finished now and want a glass of wine.