giovedì 25 aprile 2024

Stop Press.

 Peter (aka The Curmudgeon, The Happy Curmudgeon, etc.) has a new guy he is fighting with at tennis. So long Mike and, as they say, welcome Roger.


Roger comes to tennis, listens to crazy music, and then drinks beer. Peter prefers vino over Roger's last choice.

Please let me make it clear - Roger and Peter are not good friends.

"I went to tennis this morning but left early after an altercation with an idiot who occasionally turns up (not Mike). This guy Roger is a bit bi-polar I think. He sits in his car for half an hour before coming in, blasting awful music out in a peaceful bay setting. When he came in to the tennis courts he was drinking from a quart bottle of beer. A couple of members remonstrated but he ignored them so I gave him a couple of barrels (not beer kegs).We had a slanging match where I told him how inappropriate he was being. Unfortunately the two tennis club committee leaders there wimped out and wouldn't support me so I, like Robert with his rugby ball back in the Botanical Gardens in the 1960s, took my tennis racket and went home. Sheesh!" said Peter.

Tennis, up near the Whangarei Heads, sounds like a very volatile game! I doubt that they thank God after each match.
At least, when he's at tennis, he is not falling down banks while looking for golf balls. For an old guy like Peter it does sound like a safer option.

Wafers for lunch after tennis. 


11 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

There's a time and place for everything and drinking beer at a local tennis club is not one of them.
Look, as you know I'm not a wowser but I do believe in standards. I'm going to take this up with other members of the club so might cause a bit of ruction.

Mind you, if it hasn't been Roger but say, Helen drinking Champagne and eating cucumber sandwiches I might have made an exception.
Inconsistent? Yes - maybe I need another Curmudgeon identity - The Inconstant Curmudgeon. I like the sound of that. Remember, you put that idea into my head ....I'd better go now and start a new blog. I won't ask Robert for blog design and layout advice.

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

Seems that you were behaving very curmudgeonly; it would be inconsistent to be otherwise!

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Doing the right thing and respecting standards isn’t being curmudgeonly.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I’ve given up on the idea of creating another curmudgeon. I just can’t be bothered … mmm … maybe The Lazy Curmudgeon.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

It could be a first. The Lazy Curmudgeon blog that will never have any posts. I’m in.

Anonimo ha detto...

If you promise to accept god and vote against abortions, LGBQT and transgender acceptance I’ll let you comment on Robert’s blog.

The Holy Ghost.

Anonimo ha detto...

"If you promise to accept god and vote against abortions, LGBQT and transgender acceptance I’ll let you comment on Robert’s blog.

The Holy Ghost."

Who wrote this?

Richard (of RBB)

Anonimo ha detto...

Peter wrote this. Rob would have used a capital G for god.
Still, my post was deleted.
Weird.

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

I've been having trouble with commenting on his blog as well. Even when accepted, comments seem to disappear later. This on a blog that the author said he never deletes comments.

I posted this comment tonight on the post where he mocks transgender people (second to last one):

"It seems to me that you still haven't accepted the humanity of trans, gay and bi people which is contradictory to your beliefs as a Christian. There's a very good drama series on Netflix titled baby Reindeer that's worth watching and you might get something out of it. Yes it has trans, gay, bi issues amongst other manifestations of sexuality along with mental illness, loneliness issues and a host of others that make people 'human'.

Just a thought."

No doubt this will disappear soon.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Maybe it has something to do with his mucking around with his settings and layout though. Either that or he has upset the AI in the sky.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

There’s a great series for you as well on Netflix.
It’s Ripley - based on The Talented Mr Ripley novel which was made into a pretty good film.
The new TV series is better, set in Italy with great scenes, music and of course the language. Filmed in black and white the Naples sets a stunning as is the Amalfi Coast. You’ll love it.