lunedì 1 aprile 2024

The Almighty Power of Turmeric.

 

I don't know Risen, but he
sure can't match the power
of Turmeric!

WHAT FOLLOWS IS A TRUE STORY ABOUT MYSTICAL POWER.

Okay, Easter is a mystical time for some people. It's considered so important that you can't buy wine on two days - Friday and Sunday. What's that all about?
Yesterday we in Nuova Lazio experienced something that was nothing short of a miracle!

Here's the story...
Shelley had a birthday in March and, among other things, I bought her some nice earrings.


On Friday (up on the cross day) evening she managed to lose one of them. I put it down to a lack of wine - remember that all the wine shops were closed. We spent a fair amount of time on Saturday looking for the earring. We searched the bedroom intensively - under the bed, among the sheets and pillows, behind the dressing table, inside shoes, everywhere.
No earring.
Then I searched the bathroom, the other bedroom, the living room (including inside the double bass and in my violin case), the computer room and the back storeroom.
No earring.

I felt beaten, but that's life and earrings are quite small and hard to find once lost.
We prepared to carry on with life.

Fast forward to Sunday (the day of resurrection).
Shelley has a thing about healthy foods and Turmeric features high on the list for her. Since we had no way of getting wine, she decided to spend time adding Turmeric to her preprepared 'snacks' - lunch for work and breakfast (I assume, in reality I'm not that sure what she was making).


I noticed that, when she was finished, she had managed to spill Turmeric all over the bench and on the floor. I thought, "This wouldn't have happened if we had some wine!"
I pointed out the mess to her and said we don't want the kitchen bench stained with bloody Turmeric,* and that part of the floor would need a good clean too. 

She got to work and cleaned the bench until it was spotless. Then she started on the floor.

THE TURMERIC MAGIC KICKED IN!

There on the kitchen floor, disguised slightly by Turmeric, was the earring!

THE EARRING IS RISEN!

Praise be to Turmeric!

I bowed before Shelley because her Turmeric had succeeded where I had failed.

I will never underestimate the power of Turmeric again!






* Blasphemy, in retrospect!

5 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Good on you for telling Shelley that you don't want the kitchen bench stained with bloody Turmeric and that part of the floor would need a good clean too.
Women need to be kept in their place.

I said something similar to Lynn yesterday as the kitchen was in a mess.*




* It helped that she's in New York at the moment and couldn't hear me.

Richard (of RBB) ha detto...

You're a hard man TC!

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

I think it was that naughty herb basil who pinched the ear ring and hid it.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

If this weekend is all about Jesus being risen it should be named Yeaster.

Anonimo ha detto...

But what about Brian Risen?

Richard (of RBB)