martedì 23 aprile 2024

One small achievement, one huge step for mankind!

I won the bronze!

 

It appears that I'm the third most prolific blogger in our little community, where most blogs have a readership of 2. I have been told that I can't get plenary indulgences for this.                                      

"The magisterium of the Church decides on plenary indulgences." says Rob. I have no clue what the magisterium is. Hang on, I'll look it up on Google.

The magisterium of the Catholic Church is the church's authority or office to give authentic interpretation of the word of God, "Whether it is in written form or in the form of Tradition". (I made some grammatical corrections to this quote)

I used to be a Catholic once. I remember that I used to recite, as an older child, "I love Jesus and I hate the Devil." This was induced by fear, and the Catholic church had taught me fear well.

I was at a wedding, last Saturday, and the ceremony was hosted by a guy from the Knox Church.
He told us, "This is a marriage of three people."
What he evidently meant was that Jesus (or God) was in the marriage too. This caused a bit of confusion for some of us who were there and not members of the Knox Church.  
I played some background music on my violin. I imagined Rob going around tables and playing the music that people liked.

"I will now play Paganini."

The wedding was in Martinborough, where they have the brandy that's made in the wire wrapper, and we made it to our B&B, only to find that it was shit. There were three of us, but I'd only paid $240. So, I drove to Greytown (no refund) and forked out another $400 for two motel rooms. An expensive night. 

I don't think that I'd necessarily call playing at a wedding fun. I had to set up a mic (and other gear) for the ceremony and, if you're playing, you can get stopped at any moment. Fortunately, there was no Neil Diamond this time.

Yesterday I drove our third motel person around greater Wellington (no Peter, it was not a sightseeing tour) for five hours. I got home just after 7pm and was wacked. Still, I won the bronze medal.

That bronze medal is the closest thing I'll get to a plenary indulgence. Anyway, a plenary indulgence sounds like a bribe.




Ciao tutti.

5 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Sorry to hear of the B&B. I've given up on these as the standards can be so variable and, unlike motels and hotels the price isn't an indicator of quality. I always suspect the cleanliness as well.

It's a pity that you didn't get to play any Neil Diamond songs. The wedding attendees missed out on classics like 'You're So Sweet, Horseflies Keep Hangin' Round Your Face' and 'Audience Exit.

'Brooklyn Roads', 'Street Life' and 'Amazed and Confused' could be saved for your Richard's Bass Bag Tours.

Anonimo ha detto...

I just wish you'd stop quoting Neil Diamond songs. Look, I know all his songs. My brother Rod was a Neil Diamond fanatic. So shut up about him.

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

'I've Been This Way Before'.

Anonimo ha detto...

Good on you.

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

You know that if we get another blogger in this community that your bronze medal status will be in jeopardy unless you write more posts?