giovedì 25 aprile 2024

Last Post.

 No, this won't be the last time I am posting. The title refers to the fact that I have already played The Last Post twice this morning.

That's not me, but I played the same tune.

One more to go - the big one, where people march past and a guy goes on and on about God.

"Thank God for all the wars."

I don't know why God gets a mention. See how I used a capital G. That shows I'm talking about the 'real' god and probably not Zeus. 

This year my practice paid off. Two performances and I didn't crack any notes! I did a lot of work on pitching and breathing. I think I'll keep practising the trumpet throughout the year. It's kind of fun.

* * *

Hey, I got a comment from 'Rob' on my last post! He told me that 'transgender' is a big word and that Tent Horn isn't a fan of it.


"RBB used a big word 'transgender', so I looked it up: 'A person whose gender identity is different from what they were assigned at birth'.
Evidently some children in the USA are believing that they are trans-species, and that they are really cats and dogs! (Tent Horn podcast)." said Rob in his comment.

I took the liberty of adding a couple of spaces to Rob's comment. Proofreading IS important. Oh, and I corrected the spelling on Tent's name.

I actually have two close relatives who are transgender. Two people who I love very much. It seems to me that they are being what they need to be. One of them is in her late fifties, no kid. Tent can go suck his own horn for all I care. I had a boss who was transgender, and I can tell you that he is much happier as a man. 

* * *
It's now 7.12am and my two female flat mates are asleep, so music practice is not possible. I guess I'll just write on. Peter won't be up yet.

Peter in bed.

Peter's last post was written under the name of The Happy Curmudgeon.


However, he starts writing, "Hello readers.
I thought that a post from the Happy Curmudgeon is in order after that rather dire one from The Darker Curmudgeon yesterday.
I'm happy today - how are you all going?"
Is that The Curmudgeon or The Curmudgeon talking? I honestly don't know.

Anyway, then he (whoever he is) gets onto food.
"It's a smoked salmon and cream cheese pizza with red onion, capers and Feta. I'll further experiment tonight but think I've got the recipe right. I promised to make it for The Old Girl when she gets home in a few weeks time."

Is The Happy Curmudgeon in a relationship with 'The Old Girl' too? Well, the bad grammar (a few weeks time - should be 'a few weeks' time') suggests that The Curmudgeon (aka Peter) is still writing.
Anyway, it is probably the most boring post you could read. Maybe The Happy Curmudgeon is happy for his boss to take the 'credit' for this one? 

* * *
Well, that's just about it from me. 
Though I still have time to fill in.
Maybe I'll read a bit of Italian.
Ciao tutti.

6 commenti:

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Good man that man!

I thought you said you'd given up on the trumpet playing at the Dawn Parade but it's nice to see you still at it. Better than those postern blasts you normally do in the morning.

My sister Kathy would have been at the Dawn Parade at the Auckland War Memorial museum this morning, playing in the Auckland Pipe Band.

I'll probably go up to the club for the service this afternoon.

I went to tennis this morning but left early after an altercation with an idiot who occasionally turns up (not Mike). This guy Roger is a bit bi-polar I think. He sits in his car for half an hour before coming in, blasting awful music out in a peaceful bay setting. When he came in to the tennis courts he was drinking from a quart bottle of beer. A couple of members remonstrated but he ignored them so I gave him a couple of barrels (not beer kegs).We had a slanging match where I told him how inappropriate he was being. Unfortunately the two tennis club committee leaders there wimped out and wouldn't support me so I, like Robert with his rugby ball back in the Botanical Gardens in the 1960s, took my tennis racket and went home.

Sheesh!

Anonimo ha detto...

Did you say, "Roger and out." when you left?

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON ha detto...

Mmm, good idea but I said "Piss off!" I wasn't in the mood for clever puns.

Anonimo ha detto...

Ah, you poor old thing. Take it easy. Always remember that, "La mamma degli imbecilli è sempre incinta."
È vero.

Richard (of RBB)

Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
Robert Sees Things in Sky ha detto...

Mia illiminato the last comment! I wrote silly stuff about transgenderism...maybe I need to go back to 'Rob the sinner'.